Close to Boongarrie visitors can enjoy the wine and food experiences that the Barossa Valley region offers.
Flaxman wines up the road has a long table lunch on the first Saturday of the month and tastings are available from Thursday –Sunday 11am -4pm.
Poonawatta wines is across the road and at present is available for private tastings. Phone - 0448031880 to organise a tasting. Walk home across the paddocks so enjoy the tasting.
Indulge in a cooking experience at Casa Carboni, play ten pin bowling or mini golf at Tanunda bowls, visit Kaiser stuhl conservation park, ride bikes, hike well-marked trails (lavender trail) and go to Collingrove hill climb or look through Collingrove Homestead. Why not visit the Herbig Family Tree at Springton and go to the Eden Valley lookout for a picnic.
More to do
• There are plenty of tours available and they can pick you up from the property. For more information visit barossa.com.
• The Barossa Farmers Market on Saturday morning 7.30-11.30 am is also a great experience and lots of fun.
• Angaston has a cheese shop and next door a wonderful Italian cooking school Casa Carboni.
• One of my favourite dinning places is in Tanunda and is called Artisans. You will not be disappointed and order the set menu called "Eat like a Barossan. " great value at $59 each.
• Great lookout on Menglers Hill with sculpture park and a conservation park just up the road from our place.